Sunday 15 July 2012

CHANEL - The Little Black Jacket exhibition private view


There are no better feelings than receiving an invitation by Chanel to the private viewing of Karl Lagerfeld's photography exhibition in Hong Kong. The Little Black Jacket show tour started in Tokyo March 24th, then it went from New York, Tai Pei to Hong Kong. This exhibition in Hong Kong
is finishing on Monday and he hasn't yet announced where the show is heading next. (I am guessing either Shanghai or Beijing then Europe)


Lagerfeld asked 109 models, actors, actresses, muses and musicians to pose for him. What I love (and I barely use the word love) about this collection is that you get to see how each one of them put on their own spin on the same Chanel's classic tweed jacket. Joan smalls had it tie around her breasts, some had the sleeves cut off, SJP had hers cropped and another one round her head with a crown?


 
Cecile Cassel/ Elisa Sednaoui

Cameras are strictly prohibited at the exhibition, but the owner of the gallery has kindly given me two large posters of Lagerfeld's work. The invitation card and the posters they give to visitors also changes in each city.


I am going to get them framed, but for now they have been put up (blue tacked..) very nicely in my hallway near my Chanel logo entrance door. 


See the making of The Little Black Jacket here:


No comments:

Post a Comment