Thursday 12 July 2012

AFRIQUE by Ika Butoni - HKFW


I have never met Ika before the show however I have known her good friend/ partner for this collection, Peter Lau, for quite some time now. Peter Lau is one of the most influential designers in HK, he has been exhibiting in Hong Kong Fashion Week for the past years. This year the event organiser (HKTDC) has decided to inject some new blood into Fashion week, but Peter has been a huge help in this collection, designing every single knitwear pieces. 



It was a very private show perhaps with only 60 guests. The show kicked off with a half naked male model doing some wacky tribal dance, crawling on the floor for a good few minutes.. then of course, followed by some Lion King type jungle music. I didn't expect very much when
I received the invitation, the whole African style has been done too many times. And I hate to be right but I am..  I was not crazy about the clothes. HOWEVER I was impressed with everything else - great styling/ shoes to die for/ and incredible accessories. INCREDIBLE accessories.








Hakuna matata
X

No comments:

Post a Comment