Friday 28 September 2012

GZ

I made a short trip to Guangzhou in China last week with my business partner Katherine. In order to source the best and most suitable fabric for my coming clothing line, she took me to THE biggest fabric and accessories market in. the. world. 

Seven stories high building including underground levels, each level is divided into A-Z areas, each area is divided into 7 to 10 streets then each streets have about 50-70 stores, EACH store representing different factory in. the. world.



Fabrics and accessories in the market get updated extremely often, what you see is almost what is predicted to be huge next season. Buyers and suppliers from all over world come here not only to source for supplies but also to be kept up to date with what's in and what's out. 


Guangzhou has made a very good first impression on me (although my lungs weren't very happy and I had to wash my hands 500 times a day), this city does get a lot more lively and dynamic at night time 


No comments:

Post a Comment