Friday 16 March 2012

Tartan

Few days ago I met a girl who is doing fashion forecasting at CSM,
She based her final essay on Tartan which she believes is the next big thing in the fashion world
She then asked for my honest opinion
"I am going to tell my friends to stock up on tartans !!!!"
 she based her entire unit on Tartan and her deadline was wednesday
I had to lie.
-
DUDE. EVERYBODY IS WEARING TARTAN IT NEVER. LEFT. THE. CATWALK.


House of Holland D&G A/W 08 


Givenchy SS10/ Vivienne Westwood (of course) AW10 


Rag &Bone/ Jean-Charles de Castelbajac/ Burberry AW11

Christian Louboutin AW11


Michael Kors/ House of Holland/ Corrie Nielson 2012

everybody has been wearing tartan



1 comment:

  1. Aw poor girl.

    I was reading in anticipation for your response. Unfortunate that you had to lie but I totally would have done the same thing.

    I think if anything the ongoing presence of tartan and other common prints like floral and stripes are allowing for more crazy patterns to surface now.

    ReplyDelete